Community Solar Basics
- One-time subscription fee is $288 as of January 1, 2020.
- Subscription term is through 2041
- The community solar energy rate is $0.05 per kWh and will be adjusted as energy prices change
- Approximately a 10 year payback period
- Monthly credit will vary based on the energy production of the array
- Available to all TCEC residential members on a first-come, first-served basis
- Nothing is installed on your home
- No worries about installation, operation or maintenance
- TCEC members who rent are able to subscribe too
- Flexible sizing to fit your budget, you can buy one subscription or more
- If you move within the TCEC service area, your subscription can move with you
- If you move outside the TCEC service area, you can sell your subscription back to TCEC or transfer it to another residential member
- Web monitoring to track performance, see our solar dashboard
- Simple, affordable and renewable
- TCEC’s Community Solar array has 3,840 panels that are 400 watts each. Each panel is estimated to produce 553 kWh per year. The array is projected to generate 50,473,300 kilowatt-hours of electricity and prevent 40,379 tons of carbon dioxide emissions over its 25-year useful life.
- The tenKsolar panels used are low voltage and safer than any other option on the market. The internal voltage is kept below the arc threshold, and smart electronics disconnect each module if the system’s circuit is broken.
- Lock in a portion of your energy cost
- Protect against inflation
- Reduce carbon footprint
- No changes to your property
- Lower cost because of economy of scale
- Relationship with TCEC, rather than a third party
Watch television commercials and TCEC Member Matters video featuring our community solar project.